Having made the decision to breastfeed my baby I wanted a nursing or breastfeeding cover to use when out and about in public. I ‘googled’, found several results for nursing covers and decided to go with the Bebe au Lait Nursing Covers. They had some good features I thought and I loved the available colours and designs. I purchased the ‘Yoko’ design pictured opposite.
This was seven years and three babies ago and the breastfeeding cover has stood the test of time. In fact it is still going strong after all these years and all these washes. The RigiFlex(TM) neckline is still rigid and the metal rings on the ‘tie’ have not tarnished at all. A good investment.
Another one of my top 20 things I have found most useful after having my three babies, my opinion only, for what it’s worth! But I think it is confusing and stressful enough when expecting your first baby. Its nice to know of things that other Mums have found useful and would recommend. It would also make a great gift for a baby shower, new mom to be or gift for baby.
I just love these stylish breastfeeding covers. And as I stated above I have been using mine for over 7 years now. They are useful not just for covering baby and you while feeding, but as a sunshade; sunshade over the pram and as a light blanket. Fantastic must have.
The Bebe au Lait website offers the following as features of the cover:
- Patented RigiFlex™ Neckline allows for optimal viewing of baby and ventilation
- Neckline Safety Technology promotes product longevity by preventing fabric wear and tear.
- 100% breathable Cotton – single layered for cool comfort, soft as can be as it delicately shelters baby while nursing. Tuck top corner under arm for full coverage
- Internal Terrycloth Pocket: Perfect for quick cleanups and stashing pads and pacifiers.
- Adjustable d-ring neck strap with branded hardware for authenticity. Adjust it once and done.
- Generously sized 26” X 36” to allow baby to remain focused, not distracted during nursing
- Compact covers roll up to take wherever you go.
- Multi-use: use as a changing mat, sunshade, and light blanket.
- 2011 Creative Child Magazine Top Choice Winner
- Machine washable
- Please note some fabric dye lots and pattern sizing may vary.
The RigiFlex™ is a band that keeps the material standing away from you at the neckline, creating a space so you can look down and watch your baby while feeding. It’s the most handy feature of all.
There is also a triangle of towelling sewn on the inner side of one corner that you can use to wipe up any extra milk etc. Very handy.
The covers cost £27.50 or $35 and are available from:
UK: From Mothercare (and other retailers such as John Lewis).
Don’t forget to enjoy your day.
©Simone Woods 2013